Orban 642B/SP Equalizer
Parametric Equalizer/Notch Filter
642B Parametric Equalizer/Notch Filter is an
efficient and powerful tool for a wide range of Creative
corrective equalization applications.
• Full parametric operation with no interaction between
• True infinite-depth notch filtering (made possible by the
642B’s constant-Q design).
• Each band is continuously tunable over a frequency range
• Tuning ranges of bands overlap significantly to maximize
• Verniers on the FREQUENCY controls facilitate fast,
precise tuning of Sharp
• +16dB boost to infinite cut (~45dB typical) available in
• Bandwidth can be varied from a broad (Q = 0.29) curve to a
(Q = 5.0) curve.
• Dual 4-band or mono 8-band configuration can be selected
with the front-panel cascade button.
• Continuously tunable 18dB/octave high-pass filters and
12dB/octave proprietary Automatic Sliding Besselworth™
low-pass filters provide full flexibility while retaining
• Noise and distortion specs are significantly better than
• Input signal gain can be adjusted throughout a range of
+14dB to -©o.
• overload lamps warn of overload when the output of any
is within 1dB of its clipping level.
• Extensive RF suppression on input, output, and power leads.
Service and User Manual
9.55 Mbytes (10016741 Bytes)
01 December 1989
Scanned document, all readable.
25 October 2017
1-1 Section 1: Introduction
Orban's 642B Parametric Equalizer/Notch Filter Registration,
2-1 Section 2: Installation
Installation and Set-up
3-1 Section 3: Operation
642B Controls and Displays Using the 642B - General
Considerations Using the 642B in Specific Applications
Logging Control Settings
4-1 Section 4: Maintenance
Routine Maintenance Getting Inside the Chassis Performance
5-1 Section 5: Troubleshooting
Problems and Possible Causes Technical Support Factory
Service Shipping Instructions
6-1 Section 6: Technical Data
Specifications Circuit Description Parts List
Schematics, Assembly Drawings Abbreviations